Welcome, Guest. May 03, 2024, 12:31:43 am

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | |-+  series 2 gamma spark plugs

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: series 2 gamma spark plugs  (Read 2390 times)
keri
Consortium Member

« on: November 05, 2020, 10:37:49 pm »

Hi to you all
can anyone help with this i have a series 2 gamma and want replace the spark plugs, in it at the moment are denso 22tt not sure if theses are correct but what should be in there and what gap should i set them  to.
thanks
keri
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 01:59:24 am »

Have a look at http://www.lanciagammaconsortium.info/htmlfr/gamma003.htm#IGN

I found that Champion N6YC work the best although Bosch Super-4 W56 also worked well. I would try and avoid anything with 'R' in the number as that denotes Resistor for radio suppression. Gammas have very long HT leads which are already suppressed.
lancialulu
Consortium Member

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:53:30 pm »

My Gamma prefers NGK BPES6's. indeed all my Lancias prefer NGK to Champion....
inthedark
Consortium Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 10:51:04 pm »

I use BPES8, a couple of steps colder
than the 6, suits my lead foot
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 02:19:12 am »

NGK BP8ES are the true equivalent to Champion N6Y spark plugs. They are not easy to get hold of so I've never tried them in the Gamma. I had tried NGK BP8ES in my Maserati  and they worked well but not noticeably better than Champion N6YC. Both my Maserati and my Fiat worked much better with Champion N6YC than NGK BPR6ES (couldn't get them without the 'R') so I gave up trying to use NGK spark plugs.
keri
Consortium Member

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 10:34:26 pm »

Thanks for all your comments i will look for champion or ngk
thanks again
keri
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com