Welcome, Guest. April 27, 2024, 08:19:28 am

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  Technical Tips
| | |-+  Coupe headlight bulbs

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Coupe headlight bulbs  (Read 3065 times)
Paul S
Consortium Member

« on: September 25, 2020, 04:02:37 pm »

Trying to improve the light quality and intensity of the headlights. Has anyone experimented with different types of higher output H1 and H4 bulbs? Suggestions as to the best option welcome? there , are various options Halogen/Xenon/LED, and hybrids but with different power ratings. Any experiences to share?
inthedark
Consortium Member

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 07:48:24 pm »

Vasco used Easy Eagle H4 bulbs from Amazon.
Paul S
Consortium Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:15:31 pm »

Can you use them with the headlight rear covers in place? Are they noticeably better?
thanks
inthedark
Consortium Member

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 09:46:48 pm »

Sorry  I don't know, I would doubt it.
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 03:45:06 pm »

Can you use them with the headlight rear covers in place? Are they noticeably better?
thanks

I don't know specifically about the Eagle LED bulbs but I have seen a Gamma with LED bulbs and the covers were in place. The light from the headlamps was very bright and very white so I'd say it's a good improvement.

I found that the biggest problem with the Gamma headlamps was low voltage at the bulbs. While the voltage at the battery being charged should be as high as 13.8V the voltage at my Gamma's low-beam bulbs was at 11 volts or less. So I fitted relays close to the headlamps and now have the full battery voltage at the bulbs. I have also fitted higher wattage bulbs but if you decide to go down this route you MUST fit relays otherwise the stalk switches will melt from the higher current drawn.

But I also believe that the shape of the reflectors or the position of the bulbs or the pattern of the headlamp glass must be inefficient in the Gamma! My Trevi (see photo below) has very similar design headlamps to the Gamma but the headlamps on the Trevi are fantastic; better in fact that a lot of modern cars and certainly better than the HID headlamps on my Alfa 156. The reflector bowls in the Trevi look identical to the Gamma so the problem with Gammas is probably either the position of the bulb or the headlamp glass pattern.  

* Goodwood Breakfast Club.jpg (357.6 KB, 2048x1365 - viewed 165 times.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 10:31:50 pm by Theo » Logged
inthedark
Consortium Member

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 08:30:25 pm »

The eagle eye led bulbs are
adjustable, you can turn the
base left and right to adjust
the beam high point.
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com