Welcome, Guest. April 30, 2024, 02:45:58 am

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | |-+  gamma coupe door window frame chrome

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: gamma coupe door window frame chrome  (Read 1193 times)
keri
Consortium Member

« on: June 14, 2022, 09:07:57 pm »

hello as anyone removed the chrome trim that  goes around the glass frame of the doors a quick glance i cannot see any screws or rivets any ideas on removal process
thanks
Keri
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 12:05:19 am »

There are no screws and the stainless stims clip onto the door frame. They should unclip if they are prised off carefully but if you bend them or dent them they'll never look right. Why do you want to take them off?
keri
Consortium Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 09:43:02 pm »

when the car was painted it looks like they have sanded  by accident a 2 inch area of the trim on the top of the door was not there when sent for painting.
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 12:11:16 am »

Ah!  Shocked That's not good  Roll Eyes Do you have replacements or you want to remove them to repair it? These are not chromed parts but they are polished stainless steel. Maybe the bodyshop can polish the sanded section without taking it off the door frame?
keri
Consortium Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 09:11:48 pm »

Hi i do have a spare door which is beyond repair but the trim is really good so i will take your advice and polish/buff it if it does not work i will be patient and try to remove it from the spare door
thanks
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 09:23:26 pm »

Good! Let us know how you get on.
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com