Welcome, Guest. March 29, 2024, 10:16:20 am

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | |-+  Seat upholstery

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Seat upholstery  (Read 11498 times)
Jeff Lawlor

« on: February 10, 2018, 11:41:17 am »

Hello Gamma Forum,
Does anybody know if it is possible to purchase the upholstery cloth used on these cars - the 'L' motif fabric. Any leads appreciated.
Regards, Jeff Lawlor
walter1

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:50:36 am »

Ciao, I write from italy. Zegna fabric with L, in various colors, is no longer available. I have some pieces (used and washed) beige color without L (m 1x1 approximately) and a lining of the seat of the back seat with L, still intact and disassembled to obtain the design. I put them on sale on ebay for one euro plus shipping. If you're lucky and your range has beige upholstery I can send you. I do not know how much it costs shipping in england. The beige seat with L is used to ripararer your seat. Greetings. Walter
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:00:04 pm by walter1 » Logged
Jeff Lawlor

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 12:20:07 pm »

Ciao Walter, thank you for your reply. 1m is not enough so I will keep searching. The consortium may have some made specially, so I am thinking about that. I think it will be easier and cheaper to find another fabric somewhere. I will have to do something as mine is coming apart!
Best regards.
walter1

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 02:23:20 pm »

That I know there are no reproductions of the Zegna fabric. You will have to find old tapestries to recover fabric to fix your seat. For my cuopé range I used fake black and beige leather. To cover the side panels, the sky and the seats are necassaries about m 9x 1.4. (m 1,4 is the height of the roll). There are no other alternatives. Greetings
Jeff Lawlor

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:39:27 pm »

I think I will use Alcantara, unless I find a cloth that looks good. That should be cheaper than leather I hope.
walter1

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 03:46:34 pm »

the fake leather that I used costs 12 euros per meter for 1.4 height. So just over a hundred euros. The work has not diverged from the original. Greetings
Jeff Lawlor

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 04:15:36 pm »

We really shouldn't use the word 'fake' in Lancia matters, please. Vinyl is so much more dignified. If a little sweaty in the summer!
lancialulu
Consortium Member

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 10:18:27 am »

Ciao, I write from italy. Zegna fabric with L, in various colors, is no longer available. I have some pieces (used and washed) beige color without L (m 1x1 approximately) and a lining of the seat of the back seat with L, still intact and disassembled to obtain the design. I put them on sale on ebay for one euro plus shipping. If you're lucky and your range has beige upholstery I can send you. I do not know how much it costs shipping in england. The beige seat with L is used to ripararer your seat. Greetings. Walter

Walter

I cannot see this on ebay?? If it is the sand colour not dark beige then I am interested as I need to do a small repair. I send you a PM

Many thanks

Tim
lancialulu
Consortium Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 10:21:55 am »

We really shouldn't use the word 'fake' in Lancia matters, please. Vinyl is so much more dignified. If a little sweaty in the summer!

Jeff

The Italian Gamma Club is trying to organise the re-manufacture of this cloth in 3 colours 2 Blues and a gold if I remember, but the Gamma Consortium is awaiting more information.

Tim
walter1

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 02:17:40 pm »

Give me one email address that I send photos. I can not do it through the forum. Greetings
walter1

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 06:27:53 pm »

my email address is walivabuc@tiscali.it
swedgamma

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 04:47:39 pm »

Hello!

Theo told me to get the Gamma Coupe on the road a while ago (!),I have at least partly obeyed by taking the interior out,cleaning it
and taking the ceiling down,actually it more or less came down by itself!.My interior is the blue L-cloth, and parts of it is actually
changed to some other blue cloth and partly sunbleached. Has anyone heard anything about the eventually reproduction in Italy?
  Some more issues,mine is a 1982 model ,it has a third brakelight in top of the rear screen,is that original?
  The next one,when I took the ceiling down I found that the rear sunblinds is operated by  elecric motors in the front by using
thin strings (on top of the ceiling) and controlled by a knob up front,is that  really an original feature?

Concerning the seat cloth,I suppose that could be decently rectified if someone have some bits and pieces left over,or renew in leather

Gammas is meant to be driven!(carefully!)
Greetings from swedgamma

Theo
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 01:26:49 am »

It's OK, I can accept the blame for getting another Gamma back on the road!  Cheesy

The new L-Cloth has been remanufactured in Italy and the Consortium has received the stock for all current orders. I believe some extra cloth was ordered in the more common colours so the Consortium might well have sufficient stock for your needs.

The high third brake light is probably an after-market fitment unless it was a requirement in your country. The electrically powered rear blinds sound very nice but I've never seen them before in a Gamma so probably another after market fitment.

I definitely agree that Gammas are meant to be driven! I drive mine a lot!
swedgamma

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:38 pm »

Good Evening!

Great news!Who shall I talk to about the L-cloth,sizes,prices etc? My car was sold in Germany,maybe the third brake light was required

back then.I know of only one more Coupe in Sweden ,a Series 1.SAAB who was the Lancia importer at the time had one series 1 Berlina

to evaluate,but nothing come out of that and that car was later bought by a friend of mine together with a brand new engine,but the car

never got registered in Sweden.But the spare engine is now in the other Coupe,imported from I think Switzerland!

Many words was that,but Gammas are rare in Sweden!! Happy Gammatimes! Urban from Sweden (swedgamma)
Ian
Consortium Member

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 09:10:37 pm »

As Theo said, our Italian friends organised the remanufacture of L cloth in 3 colours - Beige, Light Blue and Blue.  Cost is about €50 per linear metre and it's been estimated that about 5m of L and 2.5m of plain is needed for a coupe.   The Consortium has some limited stock (the production run in Italy sold out) and you'd need to join the Consortium to purchase.  Consortium annual subscription is £25 with £25 joining fee.  Let me know if you're interested - contactable on treasurer@gammaconsortium.com
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com