Welcome, Guest. March 29, 2024, 11:17:54 am

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | |-+  lower body colour

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: lower body colour  (Read 4716 times)
keri
Consortium Member

« on: August 04, 2019, 09:46:16 pm »

Hi everybody as you may know I'm new to the consortium and new to gammas i have a series 2 1985 car in light metallic blue my question is when these cars were new were the front/rear lower valances, sills lower front/rear wing qtrs black or body colour I've seen many in pictures of them black and others body colour as mine is to be repainted i may as well do it correct.
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:31:15 am »

They were originally black. It's a design feature meant "to lift the car up and make it look sleeker".

A lot of people paint the bottom parts body colour since that's the modern trend for cars but I think it looks wrong on the Gammas and make them look frumpy. But that's just my opinion; it's your car and you should do what you prefer.

* P1140517.JPG (8048.66 KB, 2419x1791 - viewed 110 times.)

* P1140524c.jpg (1016.5 KB, 1949x1374 - viewed 105 times.)
keri
Consortium Member

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 06:31:59 pm »

Thanks for that i think i will stick with the black  lower as it is now, also i read somewhere in the forum that the series 2 cars had wheel arch liners/protectors where series one cars did not mine don't seem to have them the only thing i have on the n/s/f is a metal plate nothing on the o/s so this is missing?attached to the inner flitch and lower subframe member  up to and covering the brake pipe connectors but nothing after that but i have   plastic clips in the flitch that go to the rear of the flitch with nothing attached to them both sides? i can also see the washer bottle should this be covered?
thanks
keri
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 08:24:18 pm »

Yes, series 2 cars had plastic wheel arch lines at the front. I believe earlier series 1 cars had a metal plate at the back of the wheel arch. The windscreen washer tank at the front of the nearside wheel arch is normally hidden by the wheel arch liner. It sounds that yours were taken off. Some people take them off as they believe it's better not to have them. But a lot are taken off for work or restoration and either lost due to the length of time or simply don't bother putting them back on. It's not easy to find wheel arch liners but the Consortium might have some in stock. 
keri
Consortium Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 10:00:47 pm »

thanks for your help on this that is one lovely looking car i am sure it was in a classic car show a while back but can't remember the name now but its on you tube? i do hope mine looks this good when completed.
thanks again
keri
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 06:10:12 pm »

Gilbert, my Gamma,  thanks you for your complements and kind words  Grin

My car has been at the NEC for classic car show a couple of times. It was also featured on the Classic Cars program on the Discovery channel and that clip appears on YouTube by several people

https://www.youtube.com/embed/82OV20KDSPQ
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:23:01 pm by Theo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com