Welcome, Guest. March 28, 2024, 05:17:08 pm

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | |-+  Oil filter

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Oil filter  (Read 7194 times)
pakelaan

« on: April 13, 2018, 11:53:58 am »

For my Gamma Berlina 1981 I bought a couple of original oil filters a few years ago. They are all used now and because I could not find the original ones, I bought a Bosch filter. The size is different: it is smaller and higher, which causes it to contact the steel feather/spring from the clutch. It fits if you push the feather a little bit aside, but it is not like it should be I guess. Does anybody have tips, e.g. another aftermarketfilter that is similar to the original size? Is it a problem to use the higher type? Kind regards
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:30:14 pm »

Alternative oil filters is a common discussion topic amongst Gamma owners. The original Technocar R71 is probably the best. I have tried most of the alternatives and I found that the Coopers Z509A is by far the best alternative. Other alternatives are FIAM FT 44875 and  TJ FB2086. In theory any filter for the Daimler/Jaguar V12 engine should fit the Gamma but not all have anti-drain valves fitted.
lancialulu
Consortium Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:23:19 pm »

Dont buy Mahle equivalent to Z509A as it possibly has a higher rated bypass valve and causes engine problems when the Gamma engine oil is hot leading to no oil pressure.
Harvey
Consortium Member

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:54:57 pm »

It's time for an oil change, but my Google skills are lacking. I can't find any of the filters listed. Does anyone have a link to a favourite source, or is it just a case of checking eBay every week?!

Looks like the Mann W930/13 is the same. Anyone able to confirm suitability?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:01:41 pm by Harvey » Logged
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 09:35:50 pm »

I still believe the Coopers Z509A is the best filter for a Gamma. Geoff used to have a few and said a while ago he can always get them so give him a call or drop him an email.
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 10:36:28 pm »

I changed the oil and filter in the Gamma today and as I couldn't get a Coopers Z509A anywhere, I went for a MANN W930/13. Meant to fit the Rolls Royce Corniche 6.9 litre and listed as a direct replacement for the Coopers Z509A as Harvey has reported further up this thread. I haven't driven the Gamma any distance yet but so far it looks OK with the oil pressure light going out quickly on start-up.

* Mann Oil Filter 2.JPG (81.07 KB, 1007x416 - viewed 149 times.)

* Mann Oil Filter.JPG (61.43 KB, 600x565 - viewed 190 times.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:03:52 pm by Theo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com