Welcome, Guest. April 29, 2024, 12:15:22 am

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted
| | |-+  Gamma Coupe Disposal

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gamma Coupe Disposal  (Read 5400 times)
DavidF

« on: February 12, 2020, 10:50:16 am »

I’ve had a 1984 B reg series 2 Gamma Coupe sitting in a lock-up for far too long and it now needs to go, by the end of March at the latest.  If anybody wants to take it away it is located in the Grantham area.  The bad news is that the tyres are flat and the brakes probably seized, so it would need dragging out of the lock-up and onto a trailer.

The driver’s door is rusted out at the bottom and she driver’s side front wing is also badly rusted, the near side I would have to check on.  The driver’s seat has torn fabric on the seat, otherwise the blue cloth interior is in fair condition.  The engine was running on 3 cylinders when it was put in the lock-up, and I recall the cams being worn.  Good points are that it was modified to run the power steering pump from the crankshaft, it has the plastic liners for the front wheel arches and a stainless steel exhaust.

Also in the lock-up and to go with the car are a set of series 1 wheels, a series 1 carburettor, manifold and air filter case, a bronze bootlid, a gearbox, diff, driveshafts and front hubs.  There may be a spare steering rack and a few other parts in the lock-up as well, I would need to check. 

At home I’ve also got numerous struts and springs, at least one of which have been sandblasted and finished in primer, a spare rear screen and a tow bar.

As an alternative to taking the complete car, if somebody wants to break it for spares in-situ that maybe a possibility, but a £50/month payment for the lock-up rent would be needed if this were to continue beyond the end of March.

Some photographs are available.

If nobody is interested I’ll arrange for a local scrap dealer to remove the car and lock-up contents.

I also have many spares in my garage at home, which I am happy to negotiate on.  These include a clean crankcase with alternative main bearings shells that have been part modified.  Additional unmodified bearing shells, I think enough for three engines.  Three engine gasket sets, 2 new clutch cables, 2 re-metalled cams, 4 new liners and pistons and 3 new piston ring sets.  At least 1 brake calliper and some calliper repair kits, pads.  Numerous used cylinder heads and a crank case with crankshaft.  A couple of cream door boards.  Some suspension components and undershields that have been sandblasted and finished in primer, and a couple of glassfibre shields.  A new series 2 air filter.  Lots of odds and ends, including some bits from toolkits, owner’s manuals and maintenance information.  If there is an interest I’ll post a list.
keri
Consortium Member

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 10:16:01 pm »

Hi David
i am interested in collecting the car if it is still available as i am looking for some spare parts inc the interior does it still have the L cloth type interior and what is the colour ? or do you have some pics of the interior are headlights any  good my e mail is jonesfrantic@aol.com
thanks
keri
Mark
Consortium Member

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 11:00:26 pm »

David,
Personally I need a clutch cable, so would buy both your spares.
Generally I am sure the consortium would be interested in the other stuff.

Please don’t scrap it.
DavidF

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 12:39:06 pm »

Mark

I have 3 cables as follows:

1 new cable that is complete.
1 used cable that is missing the rubber grommet, I'm sure I have it somewhere in one of my boxes.
1 not very used used cable that is missing the washer, grommet, pivots and nipple but should be repairable.  It would then be a few mm shorter than standard.

I've attached a picture.  Let me know if you want them.

Regards

David

* DSCN1606.JPG (704.64 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 154 times.)
Mark
Consortium Member

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 04:07:33 pm »

Hi David,
I’ll have the cables. I can use the new one and get the others refurbished.

Let me know what you want for them.

Mark.

Markastill@gmail.com
DAVIDSGAMMA

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 09:03:24 am »

hi david i could use the s1 carb davidlphipps@talktalk.net mob 07958634826 if you let me know the cost regards dave
DAVIDSGAMMA

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 09:20:56 am »

hi david yes it dose look rough i think i will pass on it thanks regards dave p
GammaMP
Consortium Member

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 03:27:10 pm »

Hi DavidF,
is the car still in place ?
I am at present refurbishing a coupe 1984, so I am quite sure there would be parts that would be useful to me,
Many Thanks,
MP.
Paul S
Consortium Member

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 10:24:13 pm »

Just asking if this is all gone now?
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com