Welcome, Guest. April 28, 2024, 09:14:11 pm

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | |-+  numberplates

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: numberplates  (Read 1962 times)
keri
Consortium Member

« on: April 06, 2020, 09:07:05 pm »

My car when bought just has plastic numberplate screwed directly to lower front valance  and rear plate stuck direct to rear panel however i just purchased a spares   car a series 2 also and  this has a front and rear numberplate plinth/holders attached to the car also the rear numberplate has raised numbers/letters which looks really good but not sure if they are correct for the car any ideas
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 10:26:04 pm »

I hate number plate screws!  Grin I have seen many Gammas with a rear number plate mount but I decided I like the simplicity of a number plate stuck to the back panel with no screws showing.

For the front I had to make my own number plate mount with sunk screw holes to fix it to the front valance. The number plate was stuck on this mount so looks like it stays there on the valance as if by magic  Grin

* Lancia Gamma 2500 IE 19.jpg (3769.58 KB, 3545x2560 - viewed 103 times.)

* Lancia Gamma 2500 IE 18.jpg (4826.07 KB, 4256x2832 - viewed 101 times.)
keri
Consortium Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 06:02:43 pm »

Hi Theo thanks for the pictures and plate info  but on the colour of your car which is beautiful is it the series one metallic brown I've seen or is more of a wine colour which i haven't seen before?
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 07:21:22 pm »

Hi Theo thanks for the pictures and plate info  but on the colour of your car which is beautiful is it the series one metallic brown I've seen or is more of a wine colour which i haven't seen before?

The colour of my car is a very long story   Shocked  but I'll try and keep it short  Roll Eyes

The colour is Lancia code 733 Bruno Mogano Metallizzato (Metallic Mahogany Brown) as used on many Lancias, Fiats and Ferraris that came out of the Pininfarina factory https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03WbfWgm0jM9MZaa6Qs0xT6VCzD7g:1586286239243&q=bruno+mogano+metallizzato.  

The colour was very popular with Series 1 Gamma Coupes (and used in many of their brochures) but was also available for Series 2 cars.

When my car was being restored back in 2009-2011, I had the paint mixed by three different paint shops using computerised machines to the original formula but the colour didn't look right to me. So with a very friendly guy at a car paint mix shop in Canvey Island who said "it's all these modern water based pigments that's the problem" we came up with colour code 733G (G for 'Gilbert') The guy kept adding and mixing a bit of this and a bit of that to the formula while I was looking at the paint and the old fuel filler flap that I had with me. When I thought the colour was right, I said "STOP" and that's the colour my car was painted with. The final result has slightly less yellow tint than the original and slightly more deep red. It changes a lot under different light conditions. Some times it looks very red and other times looks a yellow-brown. One of my friends has called the colour "Metallic Bacon"  Grin

I think I know the deeper red 'wine colour' you mention which was popular with the Lancia Delta. There is a Gamma Coupe in that colour and it's more red than mine as you can see from the photos below.

* P1200829.JPG (2440.6 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 90 times.)

* P1200828.JPG (2436.45 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 113 times.)

* P1200832.JPG (1824.15 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 103 times.)
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com