Welcome, Guest. April 28, 2024, 04:17:29 am

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | |-+  headlight glass tint

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: headlight glass tint  (Read 2351 times)
keri
Consortium Member

« on: May 10, 2020, 05:19:21 pm »

hello all just another query i am restoring the headlights on my series 2 car it is a 1985 and i noticed as i was lucky enough to buy a spares car that there seems to be slight difference in the headlight glasses that one pair seem to have clear glass and the other appear to have a slight yellow tint in the glass side by side you can just make out the difference all glasses have the name EIEM on them with numbers underneath any idea why this is? and which is right or wrong my bulb holders  are correct for the series 2 car as it has the riveted larger bulb covers.
Theo
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:51:53 pm »

Gamma headlamp glass should be completely clear. Unfortunately the headlamp glass in Gammas turns yellow with age. I don't know why but I can tell you from experience that you can leave them in a bucket of bleach for two weeks and the yellow won't go away! Original Gamma headlamps never lasted very long so it is likely that either your car or the donor car have had a headlamp change at some point.
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com